Hard to believe it's already been a month since Stella made her grand entrance to the world (well, as of two days ago)...and our first month as a family of five has already come and gone. Our month has been wonderful.
We've all been getting to know each other...and learning/remembering how to live life with a newborn. Some things we've experience in this short month:
- more sleepless nights than remembered
- more restful nights than remembered, too :)
- lots and lots and lots of nursing.
- very happy, spoiled, attention-fulfilled girls, thanks to Grandma Kathy.
- cuddling for no apparent reason. I love a baby that cuddles!?
- a Sienna who wants in on all the cuddle action
- sisterly adoration and affection that is so sugary sweet, it will melt your heart every time you witness it.
- poop, poop, poop...oh, and more poop. This baby's bowels are insane.
- enjoying Daddy...life is waaay more fun when he's around. We hated to see him return back to work. ;(
- more nursing. ouuuuuch.
- more poop. how does that much poop come out of a such a little squirt??
- minimal crying - of which Cambree is NOT a fan. Stella tears = Cambree tears.
- lots and lots of staring.
- visits from lovely family and friends - and an outpouring of love and concern via phone calls, texts, emails, and comments/Facebook messages. Wow, we are truly blessed. Thank you for loving our lil feisty family. I love you all too.
- And yet even more nursing. and an Sienna who is very fascinated by the whole ordeal and has made some classic inquiries about it:
"baby Stella eating your boo boo's?"
"Stella only drink mama milk? not chocolate milk?"
"Sienna don't drink mama's milk!"
"Mama's boo boo's are really hot."
- obviously these all led to some pretty interesting conversations.
- And yet even more pooping. seriously!!?
even Stella managed to have a massive blow out when left with Aunt Jess ;)
-snapping a gazillion pictures of it all in hopes of remembering such a sweet, surprisingly peaceful time for our little family. sure, we've had our "moments"...I know plenty more moments of chaos await us, but for now we have been enjoying every minute together.
so, without further rammmblings from yours truly, here's the part that everyone really cares about. About 1% of the gazillions of photos aforementioned...enjoy.